About Me

Welcome to Patches' Cyclery. My name is Patrick 'Patches' Murphy and I work as a bike mechanic. Well known for my excessive dropping of tools, with a love for the unconventional. If you like the look of anything on the site, or would like your bike worked on email me at patchescycles@gmail.com

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Pub Bike

This is the humble beginning of my Fixtie, what is a Fixtie you might be asking? Well simply a fixed gear bike made using a mixtie frame, see what I have done there, not as easy as it looks. The above picture is of a Ricardo Mixtie frame being stripped back, which is not an easy task and watch out for that paint stripper, that shit burns. I began doing it in my thongs and was getting burnt by the paint flakes, so now I have to use pants, jumper, and closed shoes. I still have to work out a colour to paint the frame, but it is going to have some hot mud guards.

No comments:

Followers