About Me

Welcome to Patches' Cyclery. My name is Patrick 'Patches' Murphy and I work as a bike mechanic. Well known for my excessive dropping of tools, with a love for the unconventional. If you like the look of anything on the site, or would like your bike worked on email me at patchescycles@gmail.com

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Punctures always come in 3s

I call this principle the 'Patrick Constant', where PC is equal to 2.859638872. This figure represents the number of punctures one can expect to get once the punctures have commenced. On Thursday night I was returning from work drinks and was in one of those great cycling moods where you cannot help but ride fast. As I was pulling up in my pedals to accelerate at a decent pace, my bike slowed faster than myself. The result was a somersault along Sydney Rd, the cause turned out to be a puncture in the front tyre. It was embarrassing given that there was not a single obstacle in the way.

No comments:

Followers